Oakland Feather River Camp is located in the Plumas National Forest near Quincy California. The camp, nestled long Spanish Creek, amid towering Ponderosa Pines is about a 4½ hour drive from the Bay Area.
We strongly recommend calling Caltrans at 1-800-427-7623 before leaving Oakland to choose the best route. There may be delays in the Canyon and it's best to find that out ahead of time by checking on Rt. 70 through Oroville.
The Camp location is:
5469 Oakland Camp Road
Quincy , California
Phone: 530.283.2290 (Day or Night)
Driving from Oakland
There are two ways (unless you want to take back roads) to get to Camp.
Route #1 – Through Truckee
- Take Interstate 80 East to Sacramento and continue on 80 to Truckee.
- Take the exit for State Route 89 North to Graeagle/Quincy. (You will make a left turn and then a right turn to remain on Rt. 89….just follow the signs and stay on 89 for approximately an hour.)
- Go through the little town of Graeagle.
- A couple of miles past Graeagle, turn left onto Rt. 70
- Stay on Rt. 70 for about 20 minutes until you see a green highway sign pointing to a right turn to Oakland Camp. Turn right here and go approximately 6 miles on Chandler Rd.
- When you cross the one lane bridge, turn right onto Oakland Camp Road (there may not be a sign) and follow it until you reach the camp entrance.
NOTE: If you get to the Safeway on Hwy 70, you’ve missed the turn, but do not fear!! Simply turn right at the light onto Quincy Junction Road. Stay on this until you reach the stop sign at Chandler Rd. Turn left and when you cross the one lane bridge, turn right onto Oakland Camp Road (there may not be a sign) and follow it until you reach the camp entrance (it will turn into a dirt road and you will cross a low water bridge…you are almost there at this point!) to the gate of Oakland Feather River Camp.